Welcome to our governors’ page. As governors we are committed to taking the school forward to ensure that all the children at Parkgate Infants and Nursery receive an excellent education.
The governing body work with Mr Pritchard and his staff to ensure that it makes the right decisions for the school and the children. The governing body is responsible for:
The strategic direction of the school
Accountability to all stakeholders
Support and Challenge (critical friend)
The governing body is made up of members of staff, parents, LEA appointees and members of the local community. We meet once every half term as a Full Governing Body, and form sub-committees as necessary to address specific issues such as Premises or Curriculum. Governors on sub-committees discuss relevant issues, review, question and, when necessary, challenge the school in order to make the necessary decisions or recommendations to the full governing body. In addition, we hold a full-day Vision Day at the end of each academic year in order to review and reflect upon the year, and plan for the future.
Each governor is linked to different aspects of the school to develop our understanding of the work that goes on within the school. Through these links and visits to the school we are able to get an understanding of the activities taking place at Parkgate Infants and Nursery.
If you would like to find out more or would like to contact the Chair of Governors please do so via the school office.
- Governors Newsletter Spring 2020 (450KB)
- Governors' Newsletter (572KB)
- Governor Gossip Spring 2019 (441KB)
- Governor Gossip Autumn 2018 (700KB)
- Governor Gossip July 2018 (622KB)
- Letter from the Governors (402KB)
- Governor Gossip Autumn 2017 (52KB)
- Governor Gossip Summer 2017 (51KB)
- Governor Gossip Spring 2017 (49KB)
- Governor Gossip Autumn 2016 (35KB)
- Governor Gossip Summer 2016 (243KB)
- Governor Gossip Autumn 2014 (48KB)